"Into the Open — Positioning Practice"
16 American architects-activists go beyond building to define a new form of social architecture. Join us to celebrate the U.S. Pavilion at the Venice Biennale at Parsons The New School for Design.
Wednesday, March 4, 6 - 9 p.m.
Exhibition dates and times
March 4 through May 1, 2009
Monday - Friday, 10 am - 8 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday, 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
● The Center for Land Use Interpretation
● The Center for Urban Pedagogy (CUP)
● Design Corps
● Detroit Collaborative Design Center
● The Edible Schoolyard/Yale Sustainable Food Project
● Estudio Teddy Cruz
● Gans Studio
● The Heidelberg Project
● International Center for Urban Ecology
● Jonathan Kirschenfeld Associates
● Project Row Houses
● Rural Studio
● Smith and Others
● Spatial Information Design Lab/ Laura Kurgan
● Studio 804
“Into the Open -- Positioning Practice” is presented by Parsons The New School for Design, in collaboration with Slought Foundation and PARC Foundation, with media partner The Architect’s Newspaper. Generous support for the project has been received from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C., in cooperation with the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice
William Menking, Aaron Levy, Andrew Sturm