[CALL FOR WORK]
The first issue of ON, a journal devoted to contemporary poetics, featured over twenty essays (and a few epistolary collaborations) focused on poets such as Taylor Brady, kari edwards, Brenda Iijima, CJ Martin, Emily McVarish, Yedda Morrison, Hoa Nguyen, Sawako Nakayasu, Julie Patton, Dana Ward, and Alli Warren. Our goal is to offer a survey of the field 'as it stands,' written by and for those 'we' are reading and discussing, with the intention of bringing reflection to a discourse during a prodigious cultural moment. We hope you'll contribute to the second issue by engaging with the practice, poetry and poetics of one of your closest contemporaries.
1. ON encourages contributors to investigate a "practice," rather than a solitary poem, chapbook, performance, review, art object, etc.
2. The subject should roughly be of your generation – generation is defined as you see fit.
3. There are no strict limits on page count – essays in ON 1 ranged from 1 to 18 pages.
4. Please feel free to share this solicitation with writers from your community and colleagues who may have escaped our attention.
5. Submissions should be single-spaced set in 10 pt. Palatino. For additional formatting requirements, please refer to the most recent Chicago Manual of Style. Please send either a hardcopy or PDF along with your word document.
6. We suggest that you check out the first issue if you haven't done so already. Copies are available from Small Press Distribution and from the editors.
7. Please also include a 35-word bio.
Deadline for submissions is May 1, 2009. ON will be available in print and digital online formats. Please direct all submissions and questions to any of the addresses below, and thank you in advance for being ON.